Thursday, April 17, 2014

Best Sunglasses for Golfing

As the summer golf season comes closer and closer, the sun will be shining bright (unless you live in the mid west then its a crap shot if you will have nice weather). For some golfers wearing sunglasses is a problem, they do not like the change in color or simply the glasses bother them. I was a big believer in this for a while until I was given a pair of Oakley Sunglasses at an event. I did not think much of them until I got home from the event and tried them out on the range. It was a bright day and I was surprised to see how much of an improvement they made on my vision when lining up my target. I think there are a few designers out there that have done well to optimize their products performance for the golf course. A poll was done on golfwrx.com regarding the top manufactures of golfing sunglasses. Oakley came away with the majority of the votes, followed by Maui Jim and Adidas. I want to start off by talking about the Oakley shades, but more particular the Quarter Jacket Style  . I find that these have the best grip around your head for the movement of the swing. They offer a variety of lenses that go with this style. I have not quite found a certain lens that suits me best over another. Some articles say other lenses are better than others, but I do not think there is a big enough difference to tell. The next brand is a personal favorite of mine being from a town where they have a main distribution center, Maui Jim. I want to first start off by saying Maui Jim has the best lenses on the market for golf. They have polarized lenses in all of there products and ensure that it is the best quality. I will say one fault I find with them most often is the lack of traction on your head. The last product, Adidas has a strong on coming with some tour pros however. I was able to try the Retego sunglasses and I was taken back by how nice they actually were. My one problem with this particular line of sunglasses was the bulkiness of them. Other than that all three are great sunglasses for the golf course! I encourage you to go out and try them out for your next round!

No comments:

Post a Comment